Redmond police to hold women's safety class on Sept. 27
September 15, 2012 · Updated 12:21 PM
The Redmond Police Department (RPD) will be presenting a free Women's Personal Safety class on Thursday, Sept. 27 at 6 p.m. at the RPD Training Room at 8701 160th Ave. N.E.
This is not a self-defense class, this is a proactive approach to safety rather than "reactive" and is suitable for ages 15 and older.
Some of the topics covered include:
- How to prevent becoming the victim of assault or robbery.
- Potentially dangerous situations and how to avoid them.
- How to handle "road rage" and prevent accidents.
- The pros and cons of weapons for personal security.
- How to make a safety plan.
For more information or to RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org.