Redmond police to hold women's safety class on Jan. 24
January 4, 2013 · 10:47 AM
The Redmond Police Department (RPD) will be presenting a free women's personal safety class on at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 24 at the RPD Training Room, 8701 160th Ave. N.E.
The class usually lasts about 90 minutes.This is not a self-defense class. It is a proactive approach to safety rather than "reactive" and is suitable for ages 15 and older.
Some of the topics covered include:
- How to prevent becoming the victim of assault or robbery.
- Potentially dangerous situations and how to avoid them.
- How to handle "road rage" and prevent accidents.
- The pros and cons of weapons for personal security.
- How to make a safety plan.
To RSVP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.