- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Prep Basketball Roundup
• Redmond's Kyle Sawtell poured in a game-high 33 points in the Mustangs' 66-55 loss to Inglemoor on Dec. 21. Conrad Croshaw had 12 points for the Mustangs (0-5 in league and 0-9 overall).
• Inglemoor defeated the Redmond girls, 67-39, on Dec. 21 to drop the Mustangs to 1-4 in league and 2-5 overall at the Reporter's deadline. Kelsen Dunn led Redmond with 12 points.
Earlier in the season in a 43-31 win over Bonney Lake, Lauren Bogard had 10 points, and in a 62-21 win over Garfield, Dunn had 15 points and Ali Jorgensen had 12 points.
• Tacoma Baptist defeated Overlake's boys, 59-50, on Dec. 22 to drop the Owls to 2-1 in league and 3-6 overall. Pranav Harikrishnan had 14 points to lead Overlake, which has registered wins over Shoreline Christian (41-29), Bush (56-48; Will Spencer 17 points) and Eastside Prep (58-22) this season.
• Overlake's girls also lost to Tacoma Baptist, 48-30, on Dec. 22 to drop to 2-1 in league and 2-4 overall. Allie Hill led the Owls with eight points.
In earlier-season wins over Bush (35-15) and Eastside Prep (55-15), Mariel Frank and Vanessa Rosato had 12 points, respectively.
• Bear Creek's boys defeated Evergreen Lutheran, 57-24, on Dec. 22 to up their overall record to 4-3. Jesse Leuenberger led the Grizzlies with 14 points.
In an earlier-season 57-40 victory over Overlake, Jonny Magee had 11 points.
• Bear Creek's girls lost to Skyline's JVs, 42-38, on Dec. 15. Kristina Engelston led the Grizzlies with 15 points.
Bear Creek (3-5 overall) defeated Friday Harbor, 43-30, Darrington, 52-39, and Overlake, 53-45, earlier in the season.