• Redmond’s boys and girls cross-country squads will run in the 3A state meet on Saturday at Sun Willows Golf Course in Pasco.
At the 3A SeaKing District meet on Oct. 28 at Lake Sammamish State Park, the boys took second and the girls finished fourth.
Tops for the boys were George Cretu (fourth, 15:56.52), John Lehr (seventh, 16:06.15) and Cooper Arons (eighth, 16:07.05). Also qualifying are Travis Mason, Lance Mason, Eric Nickum, Kyle Nickum, Thomas Sigall, Ethan Ashley and Sebastian McRae.
Chloe Connolly led the girls with a seventh-place finish in 18:55.53. Other qualifiers are Lauren Lehr, Naho Masaki, Ailey Butler, Tasia Meyer, Amelia Muscott, Kellie Cobb, Caitlyn Axe, Lili Hargreaves and Nicole Pangborn.
• Overlake’s boys took third and qualified for state at the 1A NW District championships at South Whidbey High on Oct. 28.
Spencer Arons was the Owls’ top finisher in eighth place in 17:11.56. Other qualifiers are Alan Ngouenet, Zach Foster, Esteban Sanchez, Oliver Thomas, Tyler Strafford, Kunal Sinha, Louis Kim Godbout and Kai Mihata.
On the girls’ side, Maggie Needham and Anya Sharma qualified for state.
• For Bear Creek, Andrea Markezich — third in 18:59.87 at districts — and Olivia Markezich — sixth in 19:56.08 — qualified for state.
• Redmond swimmers notched six state-qualifying times at last weekend’s 3A KingCo championship meet at the University of Washington.
State relay times were in the 200-yard medley with Kristen Harper, Anamika Nanda, Claire Wu and Cassie Ross (1:54.75), the 200-yard freestyle with Jamee Gray, Ross, Wu and Emily Whelan (1:44.27) and the 400-yard freestyle with Gray, Nanda, Kristen Harper and Whelan (3:46.83).
Individually, Katelyn Harper made state in the 500-yard freestyle (5:20.00) and in the 200-yard individual medley (2:13.40) and Kristen Harper qualified for state in the 100-yard backstroke (1:01.32).
State is Nov. 10-11 at the King County Aquatic Center in Federal Way.
• Mercer Island beat Redmond, 3-0, in the 3A KingCo championship match on Tuesday. The Mustangs were to play Bellevue on Thursday, after the Reporter’s deadline, to advance to a Metro crossover match.
• Overlake (12-2-1) was to play a winner-to-state match on Thursday, after the Reporter’s deadline.
• In the 3A KingCo tournament, Redmond beat Interlake, 3-0, last Saturday and was to play Lakeside on Wednesday, after the Reporter’s deadline, in the SeaKing District tourney. Bellevue beat Redmond, 3-0, to open the KingCo tourney.
• Overlake opened the 1A Emerald City League tournament on Wednesday, after the Reporter’s deadline, as the top seed with a 13-1 record.