King County business owners can learn how to cut waste, increase their recycling rates and spend less on operating costs by participating in either of two workshops in October.
Sponsored by the King County Solid Waste Division as part of its efforts to increase recycling rates and save landfill room for what really needs to be there, the Oct. 7 and Oct. 21 workshops are free and open to businesses in King County outside of Seattle.
Workshops will run from 7:45 a.m.-noon, at the Lytle House at Bothell Landing, 9929 NE 180th St., Bothell.
Participants will learn how to:
• Conduct a workplace waste audit;
• Start a recycling program;
• Start and manage a successful food scrap collection program;
• Engage co-workers, generate enthusiasm and improve morale; and
• Calculate a company’s carbon footprint.
For more information about the free workshops, contact Karen May at (206) 296-4353, or email@example.com.
To register, contact Sabrina Combs at (425) 486-2768, extension 4406 or Sabrina.firstname.lastname@example.org.