The Bear Creek School is hosting Academic and College Planning Night on Wednesday.
The event is free and open to the public, featuring a keynote and multiple breakout sessions on a variety of academic and college planning topics, allowing attendees to select a schedule based on individual interests and upcoming decisions. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for coffee and dessert; Bear Creek admissions program begins at 5:45 p.m. and the keynote begins at 6:45 p.m.
Keynote: The Landscape of College Admissions Today, Frances Carhart, Director of College Advising
Bear Creek faculty and staff and guest speakers will present breakout sessions on many topics, including:
- The admissions process at highly selective college
- Everything you need to know about becoming a middle schooler
- Study like a brain scientist: Tips and tricks to make learning stick
- Grit, resiliency, and self-advocacy: Character markers for college success
- Paying for college: Scholarships and financial aid
- Get involved: How to choose activities that match your passions, develop leadership and build a resume colleges can’t resist
- Admissions tests: SAT or ACT? Which, when and how to prepare
Families with students entering fifth grade and older are invited. To see a complete list of session topics and to register for the event, visit www.tbcs.org/planning.