10 sent to hospital for carbon monoxide exposure at Redmond townhomes

Preliminary investigation indicates cause may have been a vehicle accidentally left running in a garage.

Redmond police and fire, as well as Kirkland fire responded to a 911 call at 1:16 a.m. on Christmas Eve reporting CPR in-progress at a residence located in the 16400 block of Northeast 91st Street.

According to a press release, Redmond fire units arrived on scene and determined that multiple people had been exposed to carbon monoxide in the attached townhomes.

Redmond police worked to clear all of the attached townhomes and search for additional victims. Ten total individuals were located in various stages of consciousness and transported to area hospitals including Harborview Medical Center, EvergreenHealth, Overlake Medical Center and Virginia Mason, the release states. At least six patients were located inside one townhome. Preliminary investigation indicates the cause may have been a vehicle accidentally left running in the garage of one of the units.

All 10 people who were poisoned were released from the hospital and are recovering.

One of the people most affected in the townhome called 911 after several people became sick or were unconscious, an updated release said.

Redmond public safety employees urge everyone to be aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide, which is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include headache, vomiting, dizziness, chest pain and consfusion.