On August 20 CHOMP! is returning to Willowmoor Farm at Marymoor Park, where individuals can celebrate local food, live music and green living. The event is free for all and will take place from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Local farmers, farms, chefs and restaurants that use locally sourced food will be highlighted at the event, in addition to local organizations that specialize in healthy and affordable foods; farmer and farmland support; and sustainability and social justice.
Food vendors that will be at CHOMP! include:
- Patty Pan Cooperative, a progressive food and worker owned business that makes fresh food from local ingredients.
- Valley Dogs, which makes corn dogs from scratch with locally sourced ingredients and is operated by Falling River Meats, a King County butcher that features humanely raised meats.
- Jalissa Culinary Co. specializes in southern comfort dishes that reflect Chef Jalissa Horton’s family favorite recipes that were inspired by the African Diaspora.
- Jazze’s, which specializes in healthy Afghan fusion food with a menu that caters to a variety of dietary preferences, including paleo, vegan and gluten free options.
In addition to celebrating local food, there will be numerous activities for attendees, such as climbing an oak tree named Alice, a recycling challenge, meeting animals from Dandelion Fuzzies Minifarm in Carnation, and a scavenger hunt.
The beloved zucchini races will also make a return; interested participants may decorate a zucchini, put wheels on it and race it. All unwanted zucchinis will then be donated to the Woodland Park Zoo to be used as feed for the animals.
Live music will be featured at CHOMP!, with the Not-Its! performing from 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m, followed by:
- Sundae + Mr. Goesse from 11:30 a.m. to 12:10 p.m.
- Maya Marie from 12:25 p.m. to 1:10 p.m.
- Tekla Waterfield & Jeff Fielder from 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Brett Benton from 2:20 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Drive-By Truckers from 4 p.m. onwards
For more information visit https://www.chomplocal.org/