Keep an eye out for pink balloons outside downtown Redmond shops from 7-10 p.m. Friday, July 2 and enjoy refreshments and special deals as part of a summertime Girls’ Night Out.
Lindsey Kremkau, owner of the Trade Chic plus-size boutique on Redmond Way, is organizing the event to promote local female-owned businesses and show shoppers that it’s fun to stroll around downtown.
So far, participating businesses and their special events include:
• Trade Chic, 16508 Redmond Way; (425) 376-0600 — An unveiling of the boutique’s summer collection, with models, a Pink Hanger sale, champagne and desserts. Trade Chic will also accept donations of gently used “working wardrobe” items for the YWCA’s “Dress for Success” program. Low-income and/or women transitioning into safe homes use the working wardrobe donations to go on job interviews.
• Amanda’s Bridal Boutique, 16500 Redmond Way; (425) 883-6491 — A 50 percent off sale on many wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses, plus cocktails.
• Paws Cafe, 16505 Redmond Way; (425) 256-2073 — Fresh baked goods for ladies and their pets, refreshments, advice from pet specialists and giveaways.
• Ashleigh’s Attic, 16360 Redmond Way; (425) 867-1007 — $10 nursing bras and other sales on items for new moms or moms-to-be.
• The Closet, 16150 NE 85th St.; (425) 558-0809 — Wine, hors d’oeuvres and 15 percent off your entire purchase.
• Watercress Asian Bistro, 16505 Redmond Way; (425) 284-3188 — Live piano music after 9 p.m. and pink Cosmo cocktails.
• World of Wines, 16701 Cleveland St.; (425) 869-9463 — Wine tastings.
Other business owners who’d like to participate in the July 2 Girls’ Night Out event can contact Lindsey Kremkau at firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 376-0600.