Starting Monday, Oct. 25, people ages 12-plus will be required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test result to enter many establishments and events within King County due to the Public Health — Seattle & King County order.
Restaurants and bars
Includes indoor dining. This does not apply to outdoor dining, take-out customers, and places that aren’t primarily used as indoor dining locations, such as grocery stores. The order gives the option for a longer preparation period for smaller restaurants and bars with a seating capacity of 12 or less, with an implementation date of Dec. 6.
Indoor recreational events or establishments
• Such as professional and collegiate sports, performing arts and live music venues, movie theaters, gyms, conferences and conventions.
• Outdoor events with 500 people or more.
What can be used as proof of vaccination?
• A CDC vaccine card or photo of vaccine card.
• Documented proof of vaccination from medical record or vaccine provider.
• Proof of vaccination from another state or county.
• Printed certificate or digital record from MyIRMobile.com or other apps.
• You do not need to show identification with proof of vaccination.
Options for people who are unvaccinated
People who are unvaccinated or cannot prove vaccination status will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test from a testing provider in the last 72 hours.
For COVID-19 testing locations and resources, visit kingcounty.gov/covid/sites.
Establishments will be responsible for checking vaccination proof or negative test status. Public Health will be working with partners to provide technical support and educational materials to businesses and organizations implementing the order.
What is MyIR Mobile?
MyIR Mobile is an internet-based service that gives people access to their official Washington state vaccination records. You can set up an account at MyIRMobile.com.