• Sport: Track & Field
• Year in school: Junior
• Favorite class: AP US History
• Accomplishments: Irish continues to run his best when it counts the most, winning the the 3,200-meter race with a personal-best time of 9 minutes, 32.70 seconds at the 4A Kingco track and field meet on May 9. He also ran a personal-best 4:31.09 in the 1,600, good enough for eighth place in the crowded field. Irish also won the District II cross country championship in the fall.
• What is your favorite athletic moment?: My favorite athletic moment to date was winning the Kingco 3,200 meter this year. Besides running my personal record and winning a race, I ran a better race than any other I have run. Even though the pace went out slow, I came back with a fast last 800 to win it. Seeing the look on my coach’s face was the best part about this race!
• Did you Know?: Irish’s hobbies outside of running includes photography, and is interested in studying journalism in college.
• Sport: Lacrosse
• Year in school: Sophomore
• Favorite class: Math
• Accomplishments: Havran had a career week, scoring five goals in back-to-back games. First she scored five goals and added an assist in Overlake’s 12-10 loss to Nathan Hale on May 6. Then she scored five more goals in Overlake’s 14-9 win against Mercer Island. Havran was the Owls top goal scorer this year, with 34 goals.
• What is your favorite athletic moment?: My favorite moment was this year in Lacrosse when my team made it to the playoffs. It was really exciting for me and the rest of the team to know that all our hard work throughout the season had paid off.
Did you Know?: Havran, who also plays soccer, was a reporter on the Overlake school newspaper staff this year. Her goal is to play lacrosse in college somewhere on the east coast. Her career aspirations includes either becoming doctor or a psychologist.