• Head Coach: Mike Pluschke, 5th season
• Career record: 18-18
• Last year: 5-4, tied for 4th, no playoffs
• Returning starters: 8
• Sr. David Gilbertson, QB/DB: Last season’s starting quarterback and new team leader looks to improve on a solid junior campaign with a year under his belt. Will he be able to handle pressure of high expectations and tough schedule?
• Sr. John Martino, Sr. Cameron Sandquist, WR/DB: Pair of talented and confident wide receivers that work well together should boost Gilbertson’s confidence and have plenty of TD opportunities.
• Sr. Shawn Shewey, RB/LB: 5-11, 185-pound speedster should get a majority of the carries.
• Sr. Daniel Hill, TE/DE: 6-5, 225-pounder impressed coaches with his hard work put in during the offseason.
•Sr. Paul Glassman, OL/DL: At 6-1 and 315, good luck getting through this guy. Adds powerful punch to Mustangs already potent line.
• Jr. Tyler Coffman, WR: Had a great summer catching the ball, should develop into key player for Mustangs
• Sept. 19 vs. Bothell, 5 p.m., Qwest Field: Hard to underestimate the importance of this game against the Cougars, who have reached the 4A state championship game two years in a row. Surreal setting of Qwest Field will add to the prestige. An upset here would be a tremendous confidence boost for weeks ahead.
• Oct. 24 at. Skyline, 7 p.m.: Could be a must-win game for the Mustangs late in the season in a push to make the postseason. Only problem is that Skyline is the highest-ranked 4A football team in the state. Performance in this game could tell whether Mustangs belong in the playoffs.