• Head coach: Jeff Chandler, third season
• Last year: 0-9
• 2012 turnout numbers: 115, including 25 freshman.
• Aug. 31 at Mercer Island
• Sept. 7 vs. Interlake
• Sept. 14 vs. Ballard
• Sept. 21 at Snohomish
• Sept. 28 vs. Bothell
• Oct. 5 at Inglemoor
• Oct. 12 vs. Woodinville (homecoming game)
• Oct. 19 at Eastlake
• Oct. 25, 26 or 27: Kingco cross-division game; date, opponent TBD
* All games kick off at 7 p.m.
• Sr. Boris Chkodrov: Third-year starter will be force on both the offensive and defensive lines.
• Sr. Kyle Chandler: Second-year starter at linebacker will also line up in a variety of positions on offense.
• Sr. Sven Moi: Started last year at safety, but will play linebacker this year.
• Sr. Danny Katz: Another solid returning starter at linebacker who will be a big contributor.
• Sr. Everett Boker: Defensive lineman is the younger brother of former Redmond standout, James, and will be a menace to opposing offenses
• Jr. Colton Sedoo: Started at defensive tackle last, but will play linebacker.
• Jr. Carson Champagne: Returning starter will help solidify Mustangs’ back-line defense from his safety position.
• Jr. Zach Wheat: Quarterback will trigger Mustangs’ opportunistic spread offense after starting the last two games of last season.
• Jr. Ian Seabrooks: At 6-foot-5, 280 pounds, the returning starter will be a force to be reckoned with on the offensive line.
• Jr. Chris Carpenter: Potential standout playing in his first varsity season after missing last fall with a back injury.
• Jr. Bryce Steckler: Also missed last season due to a back injury and will be strong contributor as both a running back and defensive back.
• Friday, Oct. 19 at Eastlake: A much-anticipated rivalry matchup on the road against Eastlake, where Chandler formerly coached. “It’s always a big game,” Chandler said of the matchup.
DID YOU KNOW?
Before taking over the heading coach duties at Redmond in 2010, Coach Chandler coached Nooksack Valley near Ferndale, Wash. from 1996-98 and Kingco rival Eastlake from 1999-2004.